Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A well deserved vacation

Well,
In about 1.5 hours, I will be hopping on a plane headed to the Washington DC. I have been working really hard to be able to get to this point. I booked my flight almost exactly one month ago.

This last month has been an amazing adventure. I have been working really hard to make some really tough decisions. One of them was just solidified this morning at around 11:00 am. I have been working hard to make sure that the career path I have chosen is the correct one for me. It has been lots of research and listening to my intuition (in the words of Jess Lively). By the way, if you haven't listened to Jess Lively of the Lively Show Podcast, you are missing out big time. She has this great way of interviewing people and brings such a fresh perspective into my brain. I LOVE HER.

My decisions, as they stand today:

1. Expand and grow my studio. This will be my sole income come next year. I have had some incredible growth this year in order to accommodate my part time gig at the schools. It has been incredible. I have had a 200% growth or something crazy like that. And at least 1 new interest in my studio a week! This is fantastic.

2. Stay in Las Vegas. I have been throwing around moving to Virginia for the last little while. Mainly because it would be the biggest adventure. And, I love reinventing myself every couple of years. Also, because the first decision makes me really nervous. I am having to put down real roots and learn what I am really made of. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.

3. I have also committed to do things in my personal life that I believe will enhance my quality of life. I am currently training for a half marathon. I will run it the first time on November 21, 2015. And then I am working towards running it again in September 2016. Tani Prince has been training me and I attend her morning work out class 3 days a week. I have had some incredible times, for me that is, on my training. I am really proud of myself!
 

These are maps of my run/walks.

Also, yesterday, I held my first group lessons for piano. I have been talking about this for a pretty long time. I originally got the idea from Angela McBride when I took lessons from her a million years ago. I would say the lessons went pretty well! I am always impressed when things turn out, even remotely as close as I would have liked them to!


Well, I think I will start to get ready to board the plane, you know the usual, head to the bathroom, stretch, and sleep a bit! It is a red eye, you know!

Love ya

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...