So...Remember that one time that one of my friends invited me to an Olympics opening ceremonies party.
Remember how it was at a house that I had never been to before and I only knew one person. And the one person decided to not go. And I really didn't know anyone else. Because I really just moved here.
But I made these Olympic Rice Krispies in hopes of making friends. I thought, "If I can't baffle them with my personality, I might as well wow them with my rice krispy creations."
So, I get to the house at 6:30, which is when it said the party started.
I don't see my friends car, so I decide to drive around for another 30 mins and see if it is there around 7:00.
No such luck.
At which point I texted my friend.
Me; You coming to the olympic party?
Friend: I don't know. I might make an appearance in like 1 hour from now.. but I'm not sure.
So...I now have a pan full of olympic rice krispies. And I am not about to knock on the door of a house full of strangers and say, "Hi, Im new...but one of the people who is not here invited me to come over to your house and crash your party...but I brought Olympic Rice Krispies!"
Luckily one of my STG friends is living in town until this coming Saturday. She offered for me to come and watch the opening ceremonies with her and her husband. So I quickly text her.
Me: Are you still okay if I come over and watch the opening ceremonies at your house? My plans fell through. I can bring Olympic Rice Crispies
Other Friend: Yeah come on over.
Me: Okay I will be there in 5 mins.
Other friend: That was fast.
Me: Yeah...Im literally right outside your window:) (Okay not really. Only because I didn't have her address)
It was a fun night and good to catch up with an old friend before they leave this Arizona place!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...

No comments:
Post a Comment