Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world.
But I do.
Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone.
But I do.
Sometimes I pretend that I don't need to sleep with a stuffed animal or blanket.
But I do.
Sometimes I pretend to not be afraid of anything.
But I am.
Isn't it funny how as adults, we grow up and learn...but we still love the things that brought us comfort when we were young. Sometimes I just want to be a little kid. Sometimes I can be.
I am making big changes in my life. Going on a mission is a great challenge and I know that it is a great opportunity. It really makes you reflect on who you are. Who you want to be. Where you stand with the Lord. It takes work to be good. It takes work to have a testimony. Sometimes you feel inadequate, but I know that I have a testimony of the Gosple and of the Atonement. I know that my Heavenly Father Loves me for ME. This is important to me. I know that prayers are answered. I know that by relying on the Lord, and action, things are possible, that are beyond our belief. I know these truths even though I have doubts and struggles. Even though sometimes I feel like a little kid that just wants to go sleep in Mommy's room when I have a nightmare or a bad day. There is always our older brother Jesus Christ that has gone through our struggles and our pains and afflictions. He knows personally what you are going through. He will help you through whatever you are struggling with. I know he is there reaching out his hand to us and wants us to reach back and accept his love. I KNOW this. I know things with be okay. I know that with our faith and work, we will make it through the hard times.
3 comments:
I know you know and that make me happy!! love mom
Thanks for talking directly to me. How did you know I needed to hear exactly those words right now...a late Friday night??? You're going to make an amazing missionary and companion. I can't wait to watch you change the world! Love you!
You are going to be an AMAZING Sister Missionary!!! "We'll bring the world His Truth!"(and comfort and joy and peace)
oxoxo akw (aunt kool whip)
Post a Comment