Monday, September 30, 2013

Starting a New Adventure: Cleanse

The Cleanse


So...I'm cleansing...

Let me back up. My cousin, Shalese, posted the following on Facebook. 

Finished a 21 day cleanse (only fruits, vegetables, and meats) and just ran a nonstop five-mile for the first time in a long time… I'm getting there!
Unlike ·  · 


So, we began texting about how crazy this was...How long 21-days really is, etc. And then somehow we ended up on the phone with each other talking about the details of this cleanse. Then I became interested. And then all of the sudden, I was agreeing to do the cleanse. I got sucked in...But I had already had my pizza that day, so I was fine. 


A Week Later

The package arrived at my doorstep. I wasn't ready for this. I saw the box and immediately panicked...just for a tiny second. Then I said, "I won't start that until next Monday." Lucky for me, it was only Wednesday and I was able to consume all my favorite things, Pizza, McDonalds cheeseburgers, Carbs, CArbs, and MORE CARBS!! I think I went through a period of mourning because I believe I am gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant. Which means, after this cleanse, not only would have a reversal affect on my cleanse, but it will also really hurt if I decide to eat those things again. I feel like Brian Regan in this Clip...

AND NO MORE HAPPINESS...

Last Night:
I decided since it was the beginning of a new week, this would be the perfect time to start this cleanse. I got it all set up...because I am super busy in the mornings...mainly because I decide to sleep in way past my alarm. 

Today: 
Woke up and was thinking about what I could eat for breakfast. Banana Bread with Eggs and a breakfast shake. Or maybe some oatmeal with brown sugar and milk. And then reality hit. I would be having a shake with some fruits and veggies. I decided that this was alright, and went to make my shake and take my supplements. I knew it would be a rough morning when I was gagging on everything. The supplements were extra hard to take because they had a weird smell and taste. But I made my shake and blended it all up. 

I have done shakes in the past and have quite enjoyed them...
This is like no shake I have ever drank before. I took one bite and began to gag. 
Shalese told me they taste a little weird but you get used to it. I didn't realize how weird they taste. 
I took the shake with me to school and it took me 3 hours to finish. 

For lunch I ate some cucumbers and carrots and an apple. Honestly, I was just wishing for my comforting friend, Pizza, to show up in the Teacher's Lounge. I try never to go in that place because of all the sweet treat temptations that come my way. 

And now, I am sitting here, starving. Thinking about what fruits and veggies I can have when I get home. AND, if I am brave enough to try a shake again. 

PRAY FOR ME...
This surely will be an adventure. 

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...