Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tender Mercies 23 July 2013

So, I am really hot all of the time. I think I am allergic to everything that is in Las Vegas causing a constant allergic reaction that makes me really hot all of the time. Anyway, as I was headed to bed last night, I checked the thermostat at my house. Because I am living at my parents I try not to drop it down to the low 60's every night. But a miracle happened. I walked by and the thermostat read 75 degrees. I didn't change it but happily went to bed...and i slept super well. I always sleep better with a slight chill to my bones. 

I am very excited (stressed/nervous/on the verge of tears/etc) about school. It seems like I cannot quite get my act together. I don't really know how to plan, so I am just planning for everything, which in turn means I am planning for nothing. It is very successful. 

But, I did go to institute today and the speaker said something I have heard a million times. He said, "Satan desires for you to be miserable like he is." I was thinking...I wouldn't say I am miserable, but I would say that I am overwhelmed, bummed, frustrated, sad, etc. So in my mind I changed MISERABLE to FRUSTRATED. And then I thought, I don't want to give Satan that power to allow me to be FRUSTRATED. So I am trying to find ways to rid the miserable things in my life. 

This will be a fun adventure. Finding the MISERABLE things in life. And then cleaning them out.

The teacher also gave the example of dealing with the weeds in your life. He said, "It is not enough to mow the weeds in your garden. You must pull them out and toss them aside. Then you must tend and cultivate the good flowers that grow in your garden. If you leave your garden unchecked, the weeds will overtake you. Weeding your garden is a daily process." Sometimes in life, we recommit ourselves weekly, daily, and moment by moment. I am currently recommitting myself to being a little better than I was today. 

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...