It's like my sixth grade year all over again. Make sure you are to the bus stop 5 mins early. Make sure you get on the right bus. Make sure you don't transfer to another bus when you are really supposed to stay on the bus you are already on. Make sure that you don't look like a super fool when you end up riding the entire route of the bus that you were not even supposed to be on. Mind you, I loved it. It was actually quite fun. And inspiring to get my routes down more clearly. What should have taken 20 mins ended up taking an hour. But here is the great part. I would have been okay getting to class (only 35 mins late) and some people walk in 45 mins late, but luckily she ended class early, so I am now super early for my second class of the day. Voice lessons. And it just so happens that my teacher is usually late, so I thought this was a great time to blog about my adventures that have all taken place before 9:00 in the morning.
Don't get me wrong. I really like riding the bus, but I was just so blessed to have ridden it today with a bunch of people who are very okay with sharing all of their life story with anyone who will listen. And the bus driver was like 60 years old listening to Lady Gaga and trying to convince the other riders on the bus that she has great talent. I like Lady Gaga as much as the next person and maybe even more, but I have never met someone as old as my bus driver who is willing to speak positive peace about Lady Gaga. Needless to say, it was very entertaining.
Tomorrow my true family (as Quinn calls us) minus my dad are coming up to watch my recital. By the way, Quinn has a tendency to think Cameron really isn't apart of our family. Sometimes when he prays, he prays for our family and our really close friend. Or extended friend, or other family. All referring to Cameron. He doesn't quite get that Cameron is actually a member of our family. Luckily our parents never divorces and remarried. We could never get him to understand step families or half siblings. WAY OVER HIS HEAD...But back to the story at hand. Mom, Riss, Quinn and Millie are all coming up to St. George to spend the day and watch my recital. How neat-o is that. This is the first time Quinn and Millie will have heard me sing and Marissa hasn't heard me since 2008. MAJOR CHANGES have occurred in my voice. I am singing Nebbie (Italian) and El Vito (Spanish). I had a voice lesson today and they are both DI-NO-MITE!! I am excited for songs for the second half of the semester. I get to sing whatever I want.
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...
2 comments:
I hope you had a wonderful, successful day!! Love you!
love your blog!
Post a Comment