So, Christmas has come and gone...and with that I have lost almost 3 months. Oh my, I guess I have been busy!
I don't even know how to update, so I will just say I have been working and going to school and relief society presidenting again.
Work has been really great. They asked me to get some extra training so that I could be med trained, which means that I am able to better help with physical ailments of the girls I work with. I am really loving work and am starting to feel like I have a connection with the girls. I LOVE my coworkers. They are really great. I feel super supported and feel like I can conquer the world with them by my side. We also have a lot of fun together. I think I already said this, but I work with Katie (Skillin) May and we get to have fun and hang out sometimes when we are not working. A couple of weeks ago, I headed up to Cedar and went to see the Muppets with her husband and sister. It was super fun. Chelsea and I went on the date together so we could get all the same date deals!
School has been unfulfilling. But that is okay. I am nearing the end of my college career and just have a couple of odds and ends classes to take. I feel like I am spending most of my time either at work or thinking about work. School is really on a back burner. But I put in enough energy to get by with A's or A-'s. Dixie has been good to me. I am very excited for the upcoming Senior Recital that will be taking place somewhere in the Summer of 2012. It should be a pretty riveting recital. No dull moments please!! I just don't roll that way.
And for my new calling. I am loving it. It really gives me a chance to break out of my boring life. There are two relief societies in my ward, so I have a great seasoned friend that is the other relief society president that is always willing to help. My Bishop is super involved and I really love our ward. It is such a friendly atmosphere and everyone strives to be better.
Currently, I am in Las Vegas. I have found that I have a hard time relaxing and stepping away. I have been here since Friday and am just starting to relax. Today my father and I worked on a desk I am making for my room in St. George. With a confined area, we have created something that is both functional and brilliant. I found a bookcase and we have built a desk that comes out from the bookcase. The best part is that it is all collapsible and I can fit it in my car. With a lifestyle that is always in the air...it is a necessity for me to be able to pack up and move at a moments notice. This is one of those pieces in my life that helps me to accomplish this.
For all of those who are interested, I am loving life. I really enjoy my job and school and my social life. Things are going well. I do find time for myself where I am usually cleaning or doing some sort of organizing, which I would like to think are my times where I am the most relaxed. I would like to say that I will be much better with blogging in the near future, but I would probably be lying. So, for the sake of honesty, I will hopefully see you sometime in the future. There are no guarantees as to how long the future is, but I will probably see you between now and then.
Love ya
Mikayla
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...
1 comment:
So glad to hear you're loving life again. Congrats on the RS pres thing - I admire anyone who accepts that daunting position! You're such a good choice for it - and glad to hear you're loving your job - maybe there's something to that...you could persue... Have missed you each time you've come - would love to catch up!
Post a Comment