Okay, not really, but as I was vacuuming the carpet in the McKay Building for the 3rd time this week, I began to make correlations between my life as a vacuumer and the life of Stanley Yelnats. Yes that is Stanley Yelnats the third. Who got accused for stealing the shoes of a famous baseball player from the charity auction. His punishment was to be sent to Camp Green Lake. Everyday they would have to wake up at 5 am and have to dig a 5x5 foot hole. The measurement was the length of the shovel handle.
I know you are thinking, what the heck. Who makes comparisons with a Shia Lebouf Movie? In fact, I do. So, on the second floor of the Library there are four vacuums. There is one coveted vacuum that is about 3 inches longer than the rest. This morning I got the coveted vacuum. As one of the newer ones there, I was scared that someone would come up behind me and tell me that they had been there longer and DESERVED the longer vacuum. And at one point, I even switched the vacuum because I felt bad. We are each given a spot that need to be vacuumed and once that is finished, we get to move onto more exciting jobs.
Anyways, Do you get the comparison between my life as a janitor and the life of Stanley Yelnats the third?
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...



1 comment:
As i write this i am happy to know you are 'diggin holes'. And you thot this job was going to be boring. love you and all that you do for others everyday. love mom
Post a Comment