I know you have all waited for this moment for oh so long, but I thought I would share with you the highlights of General Conference. If you want to know more about any of the talks given, just pop on over to lds.org for a little more information about them. They were all so wonderful and applied so strictly to my life.
Saturday Morning Session
Jeffrey R. Holland
-Pray for the individtuals
-Spread the word of Jesus Christ
-Express Gratitude
-Make sacrifices for the ones you love
-Be determined to be more kind
Rosemary Wixom
-Read Scriptures Daily, personally and as a family
-Teach your children about Prayer and the power it holds. It is truely a communication with God.
Claudio R. M. Costa
-Importance of Latter Day Prophets
-Follow them and be blessed
David McConkie
-Immerse yourself in the scriptures
-Inquire from the Lord what you are to do.
-Seek heaven's help
-Exercise our agency in a manner pleasing to the Lord.
D. Todd Christofferson
-Purity
-Work
-Service
-Integrity
-Respect for personal body
-Consecrated life is a life of labor
-Wholesome recreation is the companion to work
-Quietly and thoughtfully go about serving
-Consecrtated life is a life of integrity
Dieter F. Uctdorf
-Slow down, focus on the course, apply the basic principles of the gospel
-Am I unnecessarily busy?
-"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."-Leonardo da Vinci
-REfocus on what matters
-Simplify our lives
Saturday Afternoon Session
Robert D. Hales
-Do I spiritually paint myself into a corner?
-Choose to follow Christ
-Obedience to commandments allows us protection and more freedom.
-Do not fear the people of the world.
Quentin L. Cook
-Black out evils from our homes and lives.
-Be virtuous
-Light and truth
Okay, I fell asleep for the rest of the second session
Sunday Morning Session
Henry B. Eyring
-Trust in the Lord 100%
-Have faith like Nephi, Joseph Smith, and Peter
-Listen and apply the counsels of the prophets
-Be Humble
Boyd K. Packard
-Priesthood Power has the ability to protect us from Satan's grasp and power.
-Watch and pray continually
-If you are bound by sin, you MUST stop. Angels and the brethren of the Church will help you. The healing power of the atonement is real.
-Forgive yourself and then move on with your life. Continue progressing towards God.
***Don't Look Back***
Jay E. Jensen
-Strengthen my testimony of the Father and Jesus Christ
Mary Cook
-How can we start teaching our youth today?
-Be an example of Faith and Purity
-Strengthen our personal testimonies of scriptures and prayers.
-Do not have one hand on the rod and the other in the world. Have both hands on the Rod!
-Be examples of the Believers.
Dallin H. Oaks
-Personal Line of Communication with the Father
-Priesthood Line of Communication with the Father
President Thomas S. Monson
-Turn our thoughts to God
-Serve
-Glorify the Father
-Remember to give thanks in all things
-Gratitude is a divine principle.
-Lift where you stand
-"Let the good over power the evil." -President Joseph F. Smith
Sunday Afternoon Session
L. Tom Perry
-Respect for Traditional Values, things that will bring you inspiration and encouragement
-Faith, Courage, Love, Respect
-Importance of the Priesthood
David A. Bednar
-Receive the Holy Ghost daily.
-1. Sincerely Desire to Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost
-2. Appropriately invite the Holy Ghost
-3. Keep the Commandments
Larry R. Lawrence
-Be courageous parents
5 Fundaments Patterns
-1. Family Prayer
-2. Family Scripture Study
-3. Family Home Evening
-4. Family Dinner
-5. Personal Interviews with your children
-Do not over schedule yourself
Per G. Malm
-Do not fill the emptiness in your life with meaningless or degrading things.
-Do the small and simple things in life. Scriptures and prayers.
-Beware of the things that will destroy you from the inside out.
Jario Mazzagardi
-Make the little things count
-This I will not do because it will not bring me closer to the Lord. Set your perimeters.
-Be willing to take upon ourselves the name of Christ.
Mervyn B. Arnold
-What have I done with the name of the Savior?
-Commandments are protection
-Before you act, think of the Savior.
M. Russell Ballard
-Don't allow the artificial lures of the world to trick you.
President Monson
-Endure to the End
-The Lord will help and bless us.
-Increase our kindness
-Be found doing the work of the Lord.
***Read the conference edition of the Ensign/Liahona next month. Pour and study over it!
I know that the things spoken of over the last two days are truly the words of the Lord and what he would have for us to know for the next six months. I know that I have a lot to apply to my life and I will be beginning to do these things that I know are true. I know that the Father lives and loves me. I know that he has blessed my life immensely through the gospel. It is more than just a religion. If used correctly, the gospel can affect every facet of our lives. I know that Jesus Christ did atone for our sins and allows us a way to return to him. I love this gospel and the joy it brings to my life!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...

No comments:
Post a Comment