When do you realize that what you have is so important? One of my brothers good friends died in a car accident last night. I am so lucky to have the knowledge of the gospel and the plan of salvation. All morning I have been reading posts on Facebook from the friends of this girl. What a hard thing. What a tough thing to watch one of your friends die. But like mom said this morning, "It teaches these kids a little something about real life." Quinn said, "Maybe I'm not as invincible as I thought." This is a tough lesson to learn. And I think we all learn it. I remember my senior year, a girl died in the Shadow Ridge parking lot because they were car surfing. We all learned that lesson. I didn't personally know her, but it was such a reminder that even though we are teenagers and have the invincible quality about us, we also need to be grounded and be safe. I know that the Lord knows us and has a very specific plan for each of us. Including Hillary.
I guess it just gets you thinking. Am I living my life the way I need to be? Am I ready?
I love my family! I love the gospel.
Mikayla
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...
No comments:
Post a Comment