I don't think most people are happy when they hear this word, but I sure am. Went to the OBGYN today to see if maybe he had any advise to offer before I jump into another surgery. We talked about my pain, and can I just say, that I can get the symptoms and pain explained really quickly now. I know exactly what the Dr.s want to hear and am able to understand the different side effects, etc. Anyways, I have come to know my body so well (because I have become so aware) that I know for the most part what treatments will be most necessary and most effective. This also comes through lots of prayer, blessings, and frequent temple attendance.
I have been thinking about Spain alot. I was so bummed when they wouldn't let me write Espana on my letter to my cousin the other day. They said that I had to write it in English. Well my friends, that just takes all the fun out of that. You don't even get to write the tilda thing. But that is okay. I have been wondering what my purpose is. And I am working on figuring that out. I know that right now, I need to be self centered for just a little while. So I am going back to school. BYUI none the less. But I feel that I really did have a great opportunity to serve the Lord. I will never forget listening to these people and learning so much about them. Their struggles, their strengths, their hopes, their loves. I know that Heavenly Father loves them just as much as He loves me. And Friend, can I tell you, I KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me very much. He is constantly keeping his eyes out for me. Always sending little reminders of his love. Always allowing me to repent and become closer to him. Always being right there when I need to talk with him.
I feel like I should share my beliefs with you. I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father that really does know all the circumstances that I am going through. I know that if I want, I am able to communicate with Him and He will respond. He will always be there to help me and allow me to come to him. I know that the Atonement is very real and does have the power to heal. Broken hearts, hurt feelings, stuggles, and even our mistakes. I know that Jesus Christ is my elder brother who lead a perfect life and example for people like me who struggle to know how to be. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet. He recieves revealation for our day. To help us. To guide us. To protect us. So that we may know of Heavenly Fathers love.
I know that sometimes I complain on this blog, but don't be fooled for a second. I know where my strength lies. I know in whom I trust. I would have it no different. I trust in God. I believe that he is the Supreme Being and that he loves us. I know that families can be together again, even after they die. I know that there is a plan for each and everyone of us. He loves everyone of us.
Somedays it is hard, being home from my mission 14 months early. But I know that this was in Heavenly Father's plan for me. I know that he has great things in store for me if I remain worthy and doing the things that I know will protect me from harm.
I sometimes don't read my scriptures, but I do notice a difference that the time makes. I know that there is great strenght in them and that they really do speak to us in this modern day.
I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
If you have more questions about this, you can find more information about this on mormon.org .
Love you
Mikayla
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
5 comments:
Let me just say that I think you are wonderful and such a great person. I love reading your blog and seeing how you take your trials head on and make the best of them. I look up to you so much. Love You!!
Yay! I hope my long ole fb note wasn't too weighty. I am so glad that you know what is going on. For sure you need to focus on yourself:) You deserve it!
xxoo
b
I agree with JB, Mikayla. I admire your strength and conviction and know that sometimes it doesn't come easy. I know of many of the struggles you've faced and I have loved our times together. I'm not sure who the "leader" is here - you surpassed me a long time ago and have become mine. Thank you for sharing such personal thoughts so that the rest of us can grow from them. I know you have and will accomplish great things in your life and I continue to admire you. I love you very much and am so very proud of you, my friend.
mikayla-my-dear.... this is the silver bullet we've been waiting for!! "endometriosis!" finally -- a NAME to your crumby cha cha cha. and....the BEST NEWS...BYU-I for YOU. Love your testimony and your deep gratitude to Him; He has heard the many prayers offered in your behalf -- hope you can feel our love and admiration -- and JOY! JOY! for a Diagnosis and a Direction.
Love, AWK (ant kool whip)
Hello Mikayla
I'm Acb,I'm from Vietnam.
I known your blog by chance. Although we don't know each other, I'm very happy to make your acquaintance !
Do you know...?
We have a Great Father together.I believe in his wonderful love for all of us too. I'm sorry, I can't use English very well but I will try to improve it and I hope that we can be friend or you become my sister.We are brothers in Jesus.
If you want you can give a address to get in touch.
My ID Yahoo: anhcubum@yahoo.com
God bless you!
Post a Comment