Monday, March 2, 2009

Granny

I have had a bunch of time over the last couple of days to really evaluate my life and to think about my Granny and everything I do now because of her and her influence in my life.
1. I eat frozen peas
2. I love music.
3. I am a leader.
4. Family is important.
5. I can sew/quilt.
6. I like to crochet.
7. I know how to make my own pillowcases (4 from a top sheet to be exact).
8. I like things like orange juice, pineapple juice, and diet sprite mixed together in the Granny creation. No one else can quite duplicate it.
9. I love to drink milk, eat cheese, ice cream, and other dairy products, but am afraid that I might end up unable to handle any of them because of the lactose.
10. I have certain tendencies. Like organizing. That comes directly from Granny.
11. I love the smell of clean. Yes, clean does have a smell. It is the smell of Clorox.
12. I know that I can write on the counters as long as it is with one of those retractable pencils that she has and it will come off with pine sol or clorox.
13. I love to garden and want to have a backyard that I have put time into.
14. I love to bike.
15. Melted Big Sticks.
16. I love the Bearnstein Bears books and Doctor Seuss.
17. I love to read.
18. I love to have a clean kitchen.
19. I love to play under the hose and then play in mud baths after the irrigation comes through in the summer.
20. I love that we call her Granny.

Granny has influenced so many factors in my life. Just the 20 listed there are just the ways I have benefited from her in my life. There are other things such as the horse bites in church or a slap of the hands on bare legs in the summer when too much skin was showing. Or the fact that she would always run her grocery carts to her car after she was done shopping.

I love my Granny! That is all. I love her!

1 comment:

Amber. . . said...

Marissa told me about this...you are all in my prayers! she sounds like an amazing lady! this was a cute blog!

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...