Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Funny Things...That are semi gross!

Today I have been finding alot of everything to be quite comical. Some of these things make me sound like a two year old boy, but sometimes I act that way to. If you know what I mean.
1. Today for our ward activity, my ward is hosting a "CHILI BLOW-OUT". This was one of the announcements that was made at our Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, and I found this quite comical. But the more I talk to people about it, the more I realize that I am the only one that thought of this concept. You can laugh. I know you want to.
2. In my Brass Methods class, this girl told a tapeworm story. There was this girl in Africa that had a tapeworm and pulled out like 20-40 feet of tapeworm as a 6 year old, but the end got caught so she had to bite it off and it went back down inside her. Anyways, this is not the funny part. The funny part comes as this girl that is telling the story begins to eat string cheese. Similar to a tapeworm. Gross. And then the funnier part comes when Brother Moore, the Brass Methods teacher, comes to his next class, which Kami and I both have together with his iPod and connector in his pocket, but the cord is sticking out, just like a tapeworm. When we point this out, he beings to re-enact the tapeworm incident and then pretends to bite off the cord where the iPod (tapeworm) is connected. We then decided that he should video tape himself doing this and he throws in the idea that we should have to watch it 20 times for homework. I find this comical.
3. I read my friend Ricky's blog today. He vented about a bunch of stuff like snooze buttons, Stupid Radio DJ's and Utah Cops. It was really funny.
4. I went to the Middle School today to watch a Band class. As I was sitting next to another French Horn player that obviously did not want to be there, he began to say things like, "Is anybody in there? (As he looked down the bell of the horn)" or "Look how long my body is (as he moved the curved portion of the horn towards and away from him)." You just have to laugh.
5. Spit valves. They are funny. First of all, why would you want to be able to collect your spit anywhere? That is gross. It is even grosser when you have to empty them on a tiled floor where you can see the spit pooled. Even grosser when you have to empty it on the carpet. That is sick. Not funny when you do it, but definately funny when the tapeworm girl tells the story of the first time she emptied her spit valve and it spattered on her face. Funny.
6. My hands look like grandma hands. Because it is cold up here and I forget to wear lotion, my hands get old looking. I think that is funny.

Well, now you have seen all the things that have made me laugh today!

4 comments:

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Oh the lighter side of life! I am right there with you pal! It is good to find things that make you laugh!!

Robyn said...

glad you're having such a good time! finding things to laugh at every day is the best way to make it through...especially cold winters (so I've been told...;o) I remember spit valves...grotesque! I was a sax player...always sucking on the wooden reedie thingie I can't remember the name of! ew!

Amber. . . said...

haha...made my day...

xoxo --c. said...

Micayla YOU CRACK ME UP!!! Beverly and Grandma C are lying here while I read your gross stuff to us all -- We LAUGHED. And yes, "Chile Blowout" is a PERFECT opportunity to laugh your head off in Sac Mtg (unless of course your dad is the BISHOP!!)

If you feel the ground rumble up in Rexburg, it's all of us rockin' & rollin' @ Lake Tahoe. Danger Danger!!!!

We love you, Darlin'. Keep on having a great sense of humor. Love, Aunt Kool Whip

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...