Friday, January 16, 2009

Early mornings and Late nights

What happens to you when you stay up way too late and have class way too early in the morning. Nothing more than slight embarrassment. On Thursday morning, I was running slightly late and decided to semi dress up that day. So I decided to wear my flats. Either pair I didn't care. They would both look amazing with my outfit. So I grabbed them quick and ran out the door, hopped in the frozen car and drove to school. When I walked in my class, I looked down at my shoes and realized that I never made the exact decision of which pair of shoes to wear. So I came in with one black flat and one purple flat. Opps. The funny part was the reaction throughout the day by the people I knew. My first teacher Brother Moore said that I was pretty much retarded for doing this. Someone else told me that it made their day. Others didn't really know how to handle the situation and just stared at me with a really pathetic smile. One guy was brave enough to approach me and tell me that I had two different shoes on. I wanted to act all surprised when he told me, but I thought that would be rude. Personally, I thought it was quite hilarious that I could not even match a pair of shoes at 7:30 in the morning. But what are you going to do. We have two choices in this life. We can either laugh or we can cry, and I have too many other things to cry about. Actually life is too good to cry. So I just laugh all the time.

Adventure of the Day: Smile because someone today is wearing something queer. They didnt even mean to half of the time. Smile at the girl who has chalk all over her face and doesnt even know. Then you should be like the one brave soul and tell her that she has a white powder all over her face. Laugh! Smile! Enjoy!

4 comments:

xoxo --c. said...

Mikayla -- I KNEW there was a reason I love you!!! You're my kind of girl. Keep 'em guessing.

--oxoxo aunt k.w.

p.s. Brother Moore has NO sense of humor or adventure....

Amber. . . said...

hey. . .just wanted to say thanks for letting me sleep at your house this weekend. And for making us breakfast and being amazing. . .so yeah. i'm adopting you as my older sister. incase you were wondering.

Jessika said...

mikalya this story is so funny! I love that you're the kind of person that would do somehting like that and so not care what people think of you! haha..hope you're doing well up in idaho! miss you and love you!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Mikayla, you are a hoot! Who could be so funny and I don't know the next thing you will see is someone on the red carpet wear two colors of flats and THEY will take the credit for starting the trend!!! Love you, Vicki

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...