Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First FHE & Classes

So yesterday night we had the first FHE. It was a lot of fun and we played this getting to know you game and had oreo cookies because that is our bishop's favorite cookie. Our ward is amazing and so much fun. We just like to have a fun time. Then after that, two of my roommates, Kara and Alex, went and played volleyball with a bunch of crazy volleyball players. They hit really hard, so I decide to spare my life and went and did something safe, like the eliptical. The only problem with the eliptical is it is really making me feel like a dysfuntional horse. Crazy I know.

Today was another day of classes. I had Conducting first, which I really love, except for the fact that it starts at 7:45 in the morning. But I get to conduct in Devotional on Nov. 4th. What an opportunity! Then I had Ear Training 4 which is all atonal stuff, which means that there is not a basic key that the piece stays in. You have to solely rely on intervals, which in turn means that I am getting a tutor. I NEED HELP! Luckily this is the last semester of Ear Training and I get a shirt at the end that proclaims to the world that I passed one of the hardest classes for my major! YEAH! My next class was teaching strategies which I had to drop because there were 4 pre requisite classes that I needed to take which I had not yet taken. I was bummed but kinda relieved because it will be a lot of work and I am already running short on time.

I love BYU-Idaho and sometimes I forget why I love it so much when I am in the heat of Las Vegas. Somehow the sunlight that is projected at a higher level in Las Vegas fries the axonal connection that connects Rexburg/BYU-I to Happiness. I know that this may seem far fetched, but I have conducted scientific studies on my own brain that allows me to completely and fully understand this topic. More on this research is coming.

Anyways...the adventure for today is to jump over at least one shadow. Preferrable of someone who is walking the opposite direction you are. First, you may recieve funny looks, but then you will be able to spread a smile on someones face!

Happy Adventures!

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...