So, I was so excited for school to start, and now I am here in the Library waiting. I have now been on campus since 8:30 because I thought my class started at 9:00 when in reality it didn't start until 10:15. Bummer. Anyways. I went to the computer help desk to get a check up on my pathetic computer, and they basically told me that my computer is a piece of junk. I have an Acer and when the guy saw it he said, "I'm going to be very honest with you. Acers are crap." That is a direct quote. Ha. I knew it. Oh well. I am excited for classes. I am really getting into my major. I love, love, love my roommates. They are amazing and we do fun things all the time. YEA!
But as my mother can attest, the week did not start out this good. I was super struggling to want to come back to BYU-Idaho. My mom was sick of hearing me cry so she told me to "poop or get off the pot." Then I related that back to President Hinckley's Father telling him to "forget yourself and go to work." BYU-Idaho is where I am supposed to be. I know that and I know that I need to start acting that way. I am super excited to be back here. Even though it is already cold enough to need a light jacket. I just hope it does not snow until Thanksgiving Break.
Happy Adventures!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...
3 comments:
did I really say poop or get off the pot? We love you -- your fab!love mom
AHahahahaha I am pretty sure that THAT is my MOST favorite thing your mom has EVER said!!! My mom never gives me cool advice like that. Hey! I just had to let you know that I have this program that will me control your computer from where I am so... when you need help in the future madam mikayla... lemme know!
You mom just gives such GOOD advice!! I wish I'd had that one when I needed it. Let's see -- how does it go -- "Poop or get off the pot..." Oh Yeah!!!
Post a Comment