Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun with the Fam





My Family spent the past week at Lake Tahoe for a Family Reunion. I had a super fun time. I got to go golfing for the first time. I really like to swing the clubs really hard and nail the ball just to watch it soar through the air into some unknown zone of the universe. It is sort of silly to me that people will wander around looking for a tiny ball just to whack it again. But I love it! Heather and I did a 10 mile bike ride to Fallen Leaf Lake and on the way down, I swear we were going roughly 45 miles per hour. My bike was 'Strugglin', but it sure was fun. Then the boating. Extreme Tubing as my siblings call it. They were jumping tubes, but I was just taking on the wake like a real winner. I finally finished Breaking Dawn (the vampire book). Thoroughly enjoyed it even though I am super addicted to them. Stupid books! Many hours were spent with the Russians we met and around the campfire creating our own quotes and playing 'would you rather.' Gotta love it! Oh and you cannot forget the never ending drives we took and almost died when my mom was on the phone with Heather right at the same time she was driving in a two lane street that was surrounded by huge cliffs that overlooked Fallen Leaf Lake and Emerald Bay. She almost steered into the oncoming traffic right as she noticed that she was driving around Emerald Bay and on the phone explaining directions to Costco of all places. The best adventure was when all of our clan, about 50 people, got dressed in white shirts and headed down to the pier for family pictures. The best comments we got were, "Are you guys taking a family picture" or "why are you all dressed alike". We must forgive them, but they were sure fun to mock around the fire! Shout out to the family! Gotta Love Em!

3 comments:

Annie said...

It was fun wasn't it! It was great to see you guys and Good luck with school. See ya at thanksgiving.

Carli said...

Dude! I should totally get credit for going halfway!

Coby said...

It is nice to see that you have updated your blog. Have fun at Ricks...can't call it BYU-I just not the same to me. Nice pics, but you forgot to add that we went to Jolly Kone and almost ran over some cows on the way back to LV.

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...