Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sacrifice, Corn Dogs, and Friendship

Hello again, my dear friends! I truly love this staying up late and spilling my thoughts to a computer screen. It really shows how much I am putting off going to bed. It really has been a slow going past couple of weeks. I will just give you the highlights and spare you the details of all my boring hours of delivering for work and singing at the top of my lungs while conducting myself and the orchestra that plays through my great sound system in the delivery trucks, but I promise to spare you the rest of the details.

Okay, about 2 Sundays ago, my friend Cameron, who is home from his mission temporarily because of knee problems, was going down to Prescott, AZ to listen to his last mission companion give his homecoming talk. Needless to say, I hitched a ride with him to get out of Vegas for less than 12 hours. But it was surely an adventure. We left at 4:30 in the morning. In case you are wondering, that is really early. On that trip, we found that people do weird things when they get tired. Especially the sound effects that people use when they get really sleepy. Everything starts to make noise and you really have no need for words after about the 6th-7th hour of super tiredness. Some of the greatest quotes for our non-existent quote wall were spoken on this trip, but because both of us were so tired, they no longer exist. I guess we will just have to make another really tiring trip full of craziness. Oh and bytheway, we got home around 3pm. We weren't even gone for a full 12 hours. Now that is what I call a quick trip.

That same week, I went with the single ladies in my home ward to go up to St. George to go see Les Miserables at Tuacahn. Oh my goodness. I Love that Play!! I drove up with Robyn and Suzie and we met Shan at her gorgeous house in St. George! Then we went to dinner at this amazing hamburger joint that only a place like Utah could have! Fabulous. I rediscovered my new love of Dr. Pepper at that Blessed place! After that, we went to the Tuacahn Theatre. I have not been there since it used to play Utah the Musical and flood the stage. I remember seeing that play all the time and wishing I could go to Tuacahn Theatre School so that I could truly find my true talent of acting. My mom said that it would just not be possible to drive 4 hours a day for school. I don't know why. It really did work out in my 8 year old brain.

Back to the Play. It was astounding. I love Les Miserables. I had never really thought about the meaning of the play until I went with the Ladies. The thought that there is always a second chance for us no matter what we do is really comforting to me. It is really great to know that there is a plan set forth for us to return to our Father. Wow. Who knew all that could come from a Musical. I am going to start listening more closely to what the underlying information is in Musicals. Who knows what you can discover.

Institute finished this last week...and I graduated from Doctrines of the Gospel. I am not really sure how, cause I missed 2 weeks and there were only 6-7 classes. That is sort of weird, but I got a blue certif. that certifies that I am a proper grad of the Institute class. We always hang out after Institute for a while threatening to do something, but usually plans fall through and then we do nothing except sit around and laugh our teeth out! But it is really fun.

Last night Alissa, one of my friends, got married and after the reception, we went to Sonic and got Ice (that is the cheapest and best thing on the menu, by the way). And that ice is great for throwing. After that, we went to my house and watched a couple episodes of the office. (Its a Christmas Miracle) and then ate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Grape Jelly. The goodness was abounding last night, but I very quickly discovered that some people are scared/disgusted by the fact that I would put jam on my grilled cheese sandwich. I am sorry to say, but some people have been deprived their entire lives and will never be able to acquire a taste for the most delectable thing in the world. As we laughed our teeth off last night, we also thought of doing things such as Geo-Caching (shout out to Tre and Trav and Cind and Trac and Chris) and writing for Sale on Random peoples cars and then listing our friends numbers. How would you like to get that call.
"Hi, I'm calling about the car you have for sale."
"I'm Sorry, but my car is not for sale."
"Are you sure, because I just called the number on the back of your Black Escalade."
"You must have the wrong number because I drive a White Ford Pinto."
"Is your number ***-***-****?"
"Yes!"
"oh no..."

you get the picture!

And last but not least, we get to tonight. Lauren Noorda invited me and all my friends over to her house to watch the slaughtering of a goat. She knew a bunch of Kenyans that wanted to cook goat for her family the traditional way. Take a live goat and make it dead. I was a little wary on going, but luckily, by the time I got there (at 6) the Goaty was all cooky. They decided to kill it at around 2 pm, which was plenty fine with me. Goat surely is not my favorite meat. It really has no taste and is a little too tough for me, but I did try it. What an adventure.

After that, I had to take the rest of the night off. I watched the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility which was really good, and then I am here. Right now! Ha!
Well it is almost 2:30am, and I know I am going to spend some time reading Breaking Dawn because I am addicted. You know what I mean. If you haven't read them, read them!

Happy Adventures!

1 comment:

Trelese said...

Shout right back attcha!

You're STILL reading Breaking Dawn?? It's been out for 9 whole days now, geez! ;-)

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...