The slacker at life title comes because it has taken me so long to get back on my blog and post anything! So, over the last couple of months I have been super boring. Mainly just working and staying involved in the singles ward activities that are going on here in the Las Vegas Valley. We have a great and large group of single adults here! It is amazing how much fun we have! For example, Sunday night we had ward prayer and then played a game called Loaded Questions for a long while after that! Monday, we have FHE and played human Sorry. Tuesday, Institute, need I say more. And tonight, I get to go sing in an institute choir! That is the best! I love being invovled!
I also can't wait to go back to school in the Fall. I have been recieveing emails lately from the Student Living Department at BYU-I. They are looking for coordinators to be involved in a new project that they just barely started. Basically your job is to be involved in other people's lives. Being a good neighbor/friend. By going to BYU-Idaho, I have realized that there are certain opportunites that I have there that I would not have had the chance to have at any other school. And for me, this could not have happened at BYU-Provo. Isn't it funny how we are all somewhere we need to be. It is very comforting to know that our Heavenly Father plays such a dramatic role in my life. I could go on...but I won't.
Man, there just seems to be so much to tell you. I have been singing with Jeffrey and taking Piano from David this summer. I am so ready to be a Music Major. Lately I have been working on overcoming my self-conciousness with my voice. Jeff tells me time after time, that I cannot be scared of the sounds I am now making. I know that with time, I will be comfortable with my voice, but after struggling through my last semester at school, I am having to work super hard to overcome this mental block of not being able to sing. I did tell someone the other day that I was a vocalist, and that took a lot of confidence on my part. I am now starting to feel like a vocalist, a musician, and I cannot turn my back on that if I want to be successful.
It is fun living at home with my family. We like to have fun and enjoy each others company. But sometimes the only way we can do that is if we go on vacation. For the 4th of July, we went down to Oceanside to see Donny & Annie before they left to move to Fallon (shout out to the Fallonites). Anyways, it was so fun to see them. Kate is huge compared to last time and little Kylie is amazingly cute.
I cant wait until we go up to Lake Tahoe for a little family reunion!
See you then!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
No comments:
Post a Comment