Monday, September 15, 2008

Demo Derby and other fun adventures

Well, I have had a great first week of school! My roommates and I get along quite well and sure enjoy each others company! On Friday night, we went out and played night games. Super Fun! We played this game called Fugitive where you run around the small town of Rexburg playing Cops and Robbers. I have always wanted to be a thief, so this is why I love this game. It was sort of boring because there weren't enough cars to really chase anyone down. Objective: we had to get from one park to the other within a half hours time and not get caught. There was one point in the second round that we almost got caught. But luckily my theiving smarts told me to hid on the grass and cover my head. This worked out very well and I did not get caught by the "Cops". After that, our FHE brothers came over to hang out and we watched the classic School of Rock. One of our FHE bros is really good on the guitar and plays things from Metallica and the good 80's rock bands!

Saturday was another great day. I think we were all up by say 11am. HA! Then we had breakfast and watched TV for a while. We spent some time thinking about doing homework and then decided to go to the Ward Social for a little while. This was not the activity that made my weekend, but it is soon to come. After we recieved our free dinner, we decided to drive out to St. Anthony and watch the Demolition Derby. I just want you to know that if I had been raised in a small town, I am pretty sure I would be mighty hick like! There is nothing better than going to a Demo Derby and watching all the mullets walk by. I even took a picture with one of them. (That will have to be updated later) It was amazing. Everytime they would start the adventure, the countdown would go, "3, 2, 1, Git 'er Dun"! I love it! Then some of my roommates old FHE bros came over and we talked about all of our childhood memories. Turns out two of my roommates have their baby stuffed animal with them that they had when they were born. I know, we are pathetic! But we sure have fun!

Adventure for the Day: Say Hello to at least 15 people. Notice their reaction. Especially if you are walking around campus and they have their headphones on. Ha! Super fun!

Also, to those who are in the jumping shadows mode. Be aware of your surrounding. People may just pop out of the middle of nowhere. I have seen it happen. It is not pretty! HA! Thanks Ricky!

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...