Yesterday was the day of my pre-recital jury. A pre-recital jury is where I start all of my recital pieces in front of a panel. They then judge me according to my ability to perform my pieces and then decide whether or not I am able to actually do my recital.
Yesterday morning as I was getting ready, I began to cry. A little out of fear and a little our of confusion...I guess. My dad might not be able to make it to my recital and for some reason, even now I get teary eyed thinking about it. He has never been able to see me perform because of work, bishoping, and everything else that he does. I was very sad and I called my mother and expressed this to her. And she made a phone call to my father. I did not want to overwhelm him...but things will work out the way they should.
Anyway- I had my voice lessons that morning and told Ken I was on the verge of tears all morning and he just happens to be the best at building up my confidence and making me believe that everything will be fine.
As I stressed for the 1 1/2 hours between my lesson and my jury I did some stress shopping...or mainly walking around because I am on a budget.
I went into my jury and Bob, Glenn, and Ken were all sitting there. I sang my first song and Ken said that Glenn leaned over to him and said, "Pass." And at the end of my jury Glenn told Ken that he actually enjoyed that and really loved my voice. I will take that compliment any day of the week!! Especially from Glenn. He is the head of the Music Department!
Basically I rocked it and now I have to just prepare the acting part of my recital for the next two weeks. At this time two weeks from now, I will be done with my singing career in college!! How exciting huh! Next semester I will be taking lessons and hopefully be in the college's production of Guys and Dolls! It will be the first real musical I will be auditioning for! I am very nervous...but very excited!
My college career is winding down. Next semester will be my last formal semester of classes. I start student teaching in the Spring which is very exciting. I will almost be a real teacher at that point! Less than 9 months left of schooling in my undergraduate degree!!!
Today I have worked a 16 because it is time and a half and also because I have nothing better to do today. I love working as an on-call. It takes the monotony out of working! FLEXIBILITY IS MY LOVE!
Anyway I get to go home this weekend to find my recital dress! How exciting. I don't actually hate dress shopping any more! Okay, well maybe I do...but it isn't as horrible as it once was!
I better go and pay attention!
-M
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Passing through some tough trials...and making it out alive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...
1 comment:
Congratulations my sweet cousin! You deserve everything good after all the work, sweat and tears you have put into your education! Yay!!!!
Post a Comment