Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh how I wish for the New Yorker Lifestyle.

The bustling busy-ness of the New York Streets.
Fall, Leaves falling.
Need for a light jacket and a scarf.
Slight drizzle of rain everywhere you go.
Riding the Subways and doing sudoku.
Thinking about taking cabs and then deciding to walk.

This is my idea of a good time.
I have been thinking about what type of lifestyle I lead.
It is one very much of the relaxing music.
The coffee shop feel of doing work while sipping your favorite morning drink.
Not really having a whole ton of deadlines
Really enjoying your life.

If I could sit in a Starbucks and drink a Caramel Apple Cider every morning in the fall
I would be content.
I don't know what it is about the fall
But it makes me want to go to New York City.
Maybe it was the millions of times we watched "You've Got Mail" while growing up.
A bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils
The leaves turning colors
Central Park.

I read a blog about an actress who is fulfilling her dreams by living in NYC in a little apartment she rents.
She talks about her daily life and it all seems so quaint.

And here in St. George, things more different than my stay in Idaho.
It is more like Las Vegas weather wise, which I appreciate, but one thing I do miss is the changing of the tree leaves. When does fall come? I always knew in Rexburg that it was fall in September. Time to buy pumpkins and maroon mums to decorate your porch. But here, it still feels like summer. Do you still celebrate the changing of the seasons even though they are not really changing?

Don't get me wrong, I really am very glad that I will not be having to deal with 6 feet of snow this winter and -20+ degrees outside. I am a desert girl and have been for the longest time. But I do miss the changing of the seasons.


No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...