Thursday, July 28, 2011

This morning I write in a thick fog...

This fog comes from a mix of lortab and not enough sleep last night. As some of you may know, I had surgery last yesterday. They removed my gallbladder and went in to see if I really indeed did have endometriosis. The gallbladder was a success. They took that sucker of fun out of my body. And it turns out that my ovaries and everything else are fine! A clean bill of health. After finding out this good news in quite a daze yesterday, my mind began trying to figure out why I have been having this pain. I think it is a mix of heavy cramping, an old appendix (which was removed from my body last June) and a really bad gallbladder (removed yesterday). All of these culprits were on the right side of my body and I think they were working on the referred pain schedule.

I hope this makes sense. I feel fine. Just in a bit of a fog. Don't worry, the sun will come out soon and wash away the fog! Speaking of fog, we are headed to San Diego next week for a week! Any suggestions for good books seeing as I won't be swimming for at least 2 weeks.

Isn't life an adventure?
Love ya
Mikayla

2 comments:

Karin said...

Ella Enchanted
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
I hope you are feeling better soon. Can you send me your digits if you get a chance?

xoxo --c. said...

"The Help" (borrow it from your mom) (movie comes out Aug 10th)
"Snowflower & the Secret Fan" (movie came out June 13th)

"James & the Giant Peach"
"The Twits"
"Sideways Stories fr/ Wayside School"
"Mrs. Pigglewiggle"
"The Best C-mas Pagent Ever" (Codi's suggested the above 5 on the list. She claims not to have read in the last 25 years.)

Am guessing your fog is lifting...and why not???...party in San Diego coming up! Too bad we didn't just pull out that sucker-of-fun-gall-bladder last summer when we were first poking around in your belly. WHAT GREAT NEWS on the zero endrometriosis. Get ready to LIVE LIFE LARGE!

oxoxox AKW

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...