This last semester I did a competition on campus call the Biggest Winner. We worked out twice a day and weighed in and met with a nutritionist once a week. I was not very good at this whole program because of the stress of switching schools and work and school. If you get my drift. But I have learned some great things. I LOVE WORKING OUT! I love the feeling of completing something hard. I loved the fact that we ran, and I was getting to the point that I was actually enjoying running. I loved doing YOGA and ZUMBA. But I was not very good at the latter. So, now that the program is over and the stress to be the best is off, I have noticed that my day feels incomplete unless I do something to strengthen my body.
Yesterday, I was able to go to the gym and just get out some FINALS WEEK STRESS. I worked on the Elliptical and on the Stationary Bike and then some weights. But I wanted a really good stretch. So I did some YOGA. What a better way to come to your senses. I can't tell you how well I slept that night. And how invigorated I was today. In fact, before work today, I was able to sneak in a YOGA work out. And the world seems so much brighter.
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
No comments:
Post a Comment