Saturday, March 26, 2011

Power of Positivity

I am convinced of the power in positive words. It is amazing to me that only a few syllables of encouragement can make my day. For example, I overheard a girl talking with another girl in my spanish class. She said, "Esta estudiando por una examen? (Are you studying for an exam?) Si!(Yes!) Pues, Buenos suerte! (Well, Good Luck)  Gracias.(Thanks)" And then the girl turned to me and said, "I understood everything she said!"

Other encouraging words are necessary...especially during finals time. I am not really a fan of studying or talking about what I am studying. I don't like talking about grades and I get that everyone has a lot to do during this time. I think it is best to understand that we all have to be positive. In the words of my father, "Lighten up Francis."

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...