Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The beginning of a New Adventure and the leaving of an Old One

Sometimes I get emotional about leaving BYU-Idaho. Not because of the Music department, but because of some wonderful teachers I have had here. Especially in the Education department. I have been taking a class taught by Brother Magelby who has really pushed my skills to the limit and tested my teaching ideals and abilities. I had my last class with him last Friday and it was a bittersweet goodbye. From the beginning he has reminded me of my Uncle Tracy, his laugh, his mannerisms, and his smile. And I have loved nothing more than this class. The second class would be my teaching strategies for Music. Brother Ashton has really made an effort to reach out to me and to be kind.

But the beginning of the new brings much anticipation. I still haven't heard back from EFY. I do know that I will not be doing the summer camp up here at BYU-Idaho, but there is still a chance that I will be doing EFY for 6-8 weeks this summer. If not, I will be in Las Vegas and working for Flowers By Michelle. And hopefully be teaching Piano and Voice lessons. It is time to get my studio back up and running.

And the newest adventure will begin in the fall when I start at Dixie State College. I know that through hard work and dedication, I will be successful there. I am excited for the opportunities and the chances that I will have to prove myself there!

All of these new adventures are exciting and intimidating. I am grateful for my experiences here at BYU-Idaho and how much I have learned about myself.

1 comment:

The Barfuss Family said...

I still miss BYU-Idaho. :] I'm so excited for you to go to Dixie. How fun would that be?! You are wonderful. Love you!

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...