So as many of you may know, I am currently enrolled at BYU-Idaho. I have had some complications with the Music Department and them deciding that I was not going to make it through their program before they decide to kick me out of school.
So, I decided to take a 6 day vacation to figure out my life. It was very fun, not so much relaxing, but definitely lifted my spirits. I started in Rexburg and headed south to Provo. I spent the afternoon at UVU and then dinner with Melanie and her new Husband of two months. We had superb hamburgers and some cheesecake after. That night, Aunt Bev was kind enough to open her home and her really great bed to my and my need of some serious sleep. I slept for a good 10 hours that night. When I woke up, I continued on my journey south. I made it to St. George where I met with the Music academics counselor and then the Heads of the Music Department. They were very excited to have me there and we talked about my career goals and about how soon I could get through their program. As I was talking with the head of the Choral department, he turns to me and asks, "How are you paying for school. Would you like half tuition?" I responded, "Well if you are offering...I would love it." So, I am going to Dixie. And I am really excited about it.
I am going down again to St. George for an audition hopefully on March 9th. What a great day!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
7 comments:
Hey Punk! You should have let us known that you were in town!
P.S. Congrats on your decision! Best of luck!
Hahaha Em. It was your birthday!! But I will be coming through again! I will see you guys then!
How EXCITING! Can't wait for the true details and fun, fun, fun in about 10 days!!!!!!
Way to go Mikayla! I support you all the way. Spread those wings! Love you, see you again....very soon. Yahoooooo!
My dad told me you are headed to St. George. He was pretty fired up about it!!! (choice words :)
We go down a fair amount so we will have to visit.
What the heck?
Post a Comment