Sometimes, I just want to drop out. Today is one of those days. I am pretty sure that it would be okay to walk away for a while. I told my mother of these sentiments and she told me that I was not allowed to drop out. And because she and my father have helped me to pay for school, I have to listen to her. Even though I really wish I could pretend that this was the best idea, I know otherwise. I know it is important to receive and education. I don't necessarily know why, but I do know that it is very important. I have been commanded to receive all the education possible. I know this is a very good commandment and I know that my Grani is up there in heaven just having a cow right about now. She is gonna be knocking me on the head real soon if I don't suck it up and git-er-dun. But I guess this is good. Definitely a trial of my faith and a way for heavenly Father to lead and guide me to doing the very best thing with my life.
I know I want to be in the education field. I think that is where I can have the most impact on people's lives and the best place for me. But as I was getting my teeth cleaned this morning, the thought came to me about going into dental hygiene and getting a degree or certificate as a dental hygienist. I have thought of that before, but it was about 3 years ago. But then again, maybe I could sharpen my writing skills and become a columnist or a professional blogger. That is a stay at home kind of thing. It would definitely be interesting. I would have to come up with a purpose because I don't think the purpose I had established earlier would be appropriate for a professional blogger. I would think that something along the lines of a professional traveler would be good. I could document my travels with pictures.
Okay well good times!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
2 comments:
Sometimes when I just want to give up on school I think about Grani too. I know she would demand that we get as much education as possible and see the world. I know that school sometimes really sucks, but I also know the amount of faith Grani has in you for being an amazing educator. She has talked to me about it a time or too so keep it up. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Push through. We are both doing a whole lot of pushing but we can do it.
Hang in there, even when the "Meanies" (aka: department heads) are trying to bite you. You got Grandma C praying for you, and Grani rooting for you. Could you ask for more? Take Pres Hinckley's (Sr.) advice:
"Be believing
Be happy
Don't get discouraged
Things will work out"
God knows who you are & your issues. He also has a Grand Plan... know He is working w/ you on this. And know I lovesssss you! oxoxox AKW (aunt kool whip)
Post a Comment