Over the past couple of days, weeks, months...I have been trying to see where my life would be going. I was planning on one thing, and as you could guess, it changed. The what I am referring to is my major. I was planning on graduating with a Music Education degree sometime within the next year or two. I would then student teach either in Las Vegas or in Salt Lake. But as you can guess, things happened with the school that lead me to find out that they would not let me graduate with my desired degree. I know, it sounds weird. But I am at BYU-Idaho, and things are a little different here.
So, with that new information, I began looking into different majors. Maybe I could graduate with a University Studies Degree. With this degree, if I moved some classes around, I could graduate this semester. But looking into it more, I found that this degree is rarely accepted as an acceptable undergraduate degree for Masters programs.
I decided to talk with the HEAD HONCHO of the music world. I explained to her the issue and she began working her brain as quickly as possible. We came up with two different options. 1. A B.A. in Music with clusters in Secondary Education and Spanish. 2. A B.S. in Music with the same clusters. The BA option gave me 26 more credits to fulfill and the BS option only gave me 22. So naturally, with the desire to graduate, I chose the 22 option. I am currently filling out the paperwork to change my major to a BS in Music with clusters in Secondary Education and Spanish (elementary). By doing this, I am able to graduate in July of 2011.
On to the even better news of the week. I have been looking into finding some way to get back to Spain for a year or two. And I have found my ticket to ride. I have been researching about this program through the Spanish government that allows me to get a grant that will have me be in Spain from 1 October 2011 to 31 May 2012. And if I have performed well over the course of that year, I will be offered to come back again for the next year 1 October 2012 to 31 May 2013. I could potentially be gone for two years, living and teaching school in Spain. The blog that I have been reading is written by a girl named Kate who is actually currently in the program and gave me lots of information. Click Here for her blog. She has her ups and downs about the program, but I think this will be a chance of a lifetime.
There are many times in life when we just don't know what we should do. But I know that through trusting in the Lord, we will end up doing the best thing! I love this gospel and the truths that come into my life through living it. I know we are all apart of a bigger picture and eventually we will understand what is really happening.
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
1 comment:
just STOP it!! so very waaaaaaay kool on the new turn in your life. i mean really. what an opportunity -- and won't this major get you the same oppotunities that music educ would have? and SPAIN!!! what what what. very very wonderful. keep on keeping on. love that you love the Lord. p.s. grandma c is so happy to know what your goals are. you are making good choices! oxoxo both of us
Post a Comment