It is changing seasons here in Rexburg...and with that change in seasons comes a change in routine and the overall happiness of everyone around me. But I guess this is to be expected and assumed. But today is one of those days that I am pretty sure I wasted at least 7 hours. I did go to all of my classes today, but there was a definate lack of desire to be there and to want to do anything productive.
I have been thinking alot about last fall and what I was doing then during this change of seasons. I was in the middle of redecorating my mothers front porch for the upcoming wedding. I spent many hours at the Flower Shop working with pretty Fall Colors. This was also the first time that I had worked in the flower shop during the Fall. I brought home all sorts of wonderful fall colors to adorn all the vases in our house. We even replanted the pots in the front with fall-ish colors. (Mom wanted to make sure that these decorations would be appropriate year round.)
I am in the mood to be creative lately and have been dying to spend some time and money at the craft store, but the problem is that I have no money to spend at the craft store. So, infact, I just do without. But one of these days, my creative gene is going to burst. So, I am going to try and create with things we have around the house. Hopefully this will subside the craving to do something wonderful.
I thing this also stems from the fact that while I was home, we watched a lot of home makeover type shows. And because I have been so blessed to live in the 100 year old house that I get to live in, I am constantly in the mood to renovate and clean and make our house the best it can be.
So, in turn, I got nothing done today because I could bring myself to do anything. But now I am sitting in the concert hall waiting for a Recital that I am not all too thrilled about. But the nice part is that it counts for practice hours and I was behind 3 hours, but now I am only behind about 1 hour!! What a blessing.
I know this post is long, but it expresses what I feel in this mix of seasons. No longer Summer and thankfully not Winter. Just Crunchy leaves and some scattered showers to make the days good!!
Love you all
Mikayla
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
No comments:
Post a Comment