So this week I have had my house to myself. And I have discovered something. I think I have a small case of OCD-ness. The house always has to be clean. The dishes have to be done. The laundry has to be folded and put away. The beds have to be made. The floors have to be picked up. The food has to be prepared to perfection (taste wise). The backyard had to be properly trimmed and watered. Slight obsession. But I think that I have gotten this obsession because I have nothing else to do. I was having a hard time studying my scriptures because I was so busy cleaning and making sure everything was perfect.
So, I called my mom and didn't tell her that I am OCD, but I did tell her that I was having a nervous breakdown about everything. She told me to read my scriptures and if you can't just let things stop at home, then get away and go to the library to study for an hour or two. And I did.
I tell you what. The house was still clean when I got home and things were still functioning, but the best part was that I got in a good study right in the heart of Alma. I was studying on Alma 38-40. Oh boy, these are some great chapters.
Alma 38 talks about how we need to trust in the Lord.
I love verse 4 "For I know that thou wast in bonds; yea, and I also know that thou wast stoned for the word’s sake; and thou didst bear all these things with patience because the Lord was with thee; and now thou knowest that the Lord did deliver thee"
I know that the Lord knows my pain and my afflictions and that he will 'deliver me' from the struggles that I have if I have patience. Oh boy. That is not a word I like. Patience. What a struggle. What a hard thing to do. The Lord's timing. I know that if I trust in him, things will happen. But that doesn't mean it is easy. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. I keep chuggin because I put my trust in him. I try to read my scriptures. And I am getting better. I ALWAYS say my prayers so that he can have a way to communicate with me about the things that are important. I have a testimony that things will work out.
There is a quote by President Gordon B. Hinckley that says, "Be Believing. Be Happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." And I know this to be true!!! There is a bigger picture that I cannot see, but that I believe in!
Love you all,
Hermana Skouson
Mikayla
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
3 comments:
Thanks for the uplifting thoughts - I really needed them right now! And I have been noticing some OCDness in my own life lately - I surely hope it doesn't get worse! Hey, will you come show me how to do the Picassa thing so I can make my blog more cool like yours?????
Girlie! I totally needed that. Thanks for sharing. I needed the reminders:)
xxoo
Hey, you are already a crafty sort of girl, now you are "computer crafty"... I like it...I like it...nothing wrong with a little OCD to bring order to your life, that way you can enjoy your time to goof off...Love you!
Post a Comment