Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trying

So I am trying to figure out the reason I get sharp pains at random times in my belly on the lower right side. Now it is not what I originally thought. You would think, lower right side, and immediately think, Appendix. Sadly, this part of my body was taken from me on the fourth of June of the year Twenty Ten. So, now life without this body part is new to me. A new experience. I almost feel free-r. Like I can sing and dance at new higher heights. The doctor did tell me that although my appendix looked rather happy just sitting in my stomach cavity, it was twice as long as normal. Somewhere around 6 inches. So he willingly removed this large giant of an appendix. Thanks Doc!
But being home, I have neglected things that really shouldn't be neglected. I have neglected cleaning my room. I just can't find a reason to make my bed anymore. I miss my companion, and waking up every morning and having a very set schedule. Now it is more of a fill your time situation.

But I have been filling my time.
Yesterday, Marissa and I went to the temple and did a session. I love my sister and I love the fact that she really does want to help me with all the crazy things that happen in my life. I love the fact that she is a listener and is willing to be very honest with me sometimes and tell me that I need to shape up, when in fact she is soo correct. I love her. I love her husband who is one of my very good friends. I love the fact that they allow me to play Iron Chef and cook for them sometimes. I love them together. They make a great couple.


Anyways, one of the other ways I have been filling my time is by trying to serve. I went this morning with Robyn to make breakfast with the YCL's to send the 4th Years packing. It is a tradition to send the 4th Years on the big hike with a big breakfast in their tummies. So Robyn asked me if I would wake up at the crack of dawn, 4:40 and yes we did see the sun rise, and help her cook some pancakes and eggs for these poor girls that have upwards of 25 pounds on their back and hiking for somewhere around 18 miles over a three day period. I felt bad for these poor girls, so I said yes. I had a lot of fun and even came equipped with my own toolbox full of cooking utensils. (which did match my apron and my choice of dress, yea, I planned it!) So I said my final goodbyes to my sister who also happened to be going on this hike and then promptly climbed back into bed. I slept for a good three hours.

And now I think that I should be cleaning my room. I guess that is how this whole thing started now isn't it!!
And then I will go back to self-diagnosing. Yes.

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...