
The day of the dead.
Sound scary huh?
Okay, Lets be frank. I just thought that would be a cool title for the blog that I am about to blog.
So, I am basically in the decision process of my life.
Right now I am in the process of filling out my papers for my mission.
EXCITING HUH????
I'm pretty stoked.
But last night, my mom told me that I had to got get updated on my shots.
Tetanus, Hepatitis A & Hepatitis B (3 Shot series)
I got real scared.
I can remember being in the doctors office and them counting to three and a sudden rush of pain would flash through my body. The needles used to be like 2 cms thick. Definately not a pleasant experience.
Needless to say, this morning I was nervous.
I didn't want to go.
I started hyperventilating.
I faked death.
I vomited.
Anything to make me not have to go and get shots.
I even asked my mom if I could take my sister Millie with me to hold my hand.
(the secret and evil plan was to have her sit in the doctors chair. we can almost pass as twins, so my evil plan was bound to work. )
But my mom told me that she was not going to wake Millie up to come with me to get my shots.
But she offered to come instead.
Bless her heart.
Bummo thing was that she still made me pay $130 to get painful fluids injected into my body.
I really don't understand why anybody in their right mind would pay for this sort of torture.
When I got to the front counter, the woman behind the desk asked me why I was coming in for shots today. I wanted to say, "It has been a while since I have experienced some really good pain, so I thought I would come down and see if there was any sort of shot I could get." But I figured that wouldn't fly real well so I stuck with the "I'm going on a mission" story.
As I was called into the back office to my doom, the kind and frail old lady began to ask me to pull my sleeve up. I began to have this horrible thoughts run through my head about the woman. She was so frail that I thought she would be semi shakey and miss and just stab me about 100 times.
But while I was thinking about all the horrible pain that would be caused by this woman, SHE JABBED ME! Right ON THE ARM!
Okay, I know this is what I paid for, but still. No warning, NO NOTHIN!
I said to my mother as I was leaving, "Luckily I don't have to work today, because I don't think I could do it."
I know, semi dramatic, but it comes with the territory!
Anyways, I survived and am living to tell the tale!
1 comment:
there is no over-reaction here. seriously... i got my shots for school and i had to get off work early because i almost fainted. my boyfriend at the time came over to my house and sat next to me with wide eyes like "SHE IS GOING TO DIE" I hate hate hate getting shots.
Post a Comment