Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week of Greatness!

First I will begin with scoring and arranging. This semester I took a class that was all about orchestration. This was the coolest class ever! For my final project, I scored the Beatles song, "Eleanor Rigby". What a wonderful song. Basically the song of the semester! Here is the recording. Mind you that this was a first time read through for the orchestra, so we appreciate how well they played it! (okay, I'm not quite sure how I am going to load this, but if you are interested in hearing this, just let me know).

Second, Thank you everyone for all the prayers and the fasting and hopeful thoughts that went out in my direction this week. It was really a blessing to me. I PASSED MY JURIES!! For those of you who do not know, I have been trying to do this for 3 semesters. This is the email exchange between my professor and I.

Brother Linford,
I know that it takes a few days to process the results of juries, but because of my past record, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind letting me know the results of my juries as soon as you know. Thank you so much for everything and especially Vocal Pedagogy. I believe that knowledge that I learned in that class really helped me understand my voice this semester. Thanks again. Mikayla

You passed! Great work. Please don’t tell anyone I told you, or I will be inundated.
Bro. L.

What an amazing Blessing!
Anyways, it is time to celebrate.
I leave on Friday to head home for the summer after conducting "This is the Christ" in Graduation!!!

Yeah. This semester has been teriffic!!

7 comments:

Karin said...

Way to go girl! I don't know what juries are but they sound scary.

Devonna said...

Yes! yes! yes! You may now come home. Love, mom

Coby said...

Many many many congratulations to you Kay!!! Way to go, we are so proud of you. And Elanor Rigby is an awesome piece to do...I would love to hear it. Many congrats again.

xoxo --c. said...

You and Cuz Clint have lots in common w/ the Beatles!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!
on passing your juries !!!! AND conducting the "This is the Christ" WOW! You are on fire girl. Nice to know your mom will let you come home now. We love you -- you have a WONDERFUL future of helping kids MAKE MUSIC & LOVE MUSIC. Auntie is proud of you --

Love, Aunt Kool Whip

Amber said...

ahhhh!!!! thats happiness!! congrats! i heard all about this from your family. . .woo hoo!!!

Trelese said...

HIGH TEN!

(Much like a high five, but five fingers better! ;-)

Sheynah said...

I love that Bro. Linford told you not to tell anyone and what do? Post it on your blog! Ha ha! I love you friend!

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...