Well, I have found temporary Mother's Day Work! I spend the last week and a half working at the flower shop and making bouco bucks! I love having an income! But that job is finished, mixed feelings! I really like working there, but is alot of hard, HARD work! Customers add another element to the mix of work! But always an adventure!
I did receive two phone calls today from potential employers. The first was DI (Deseret Industries). They sell really cheap clothes and are kinda like Savers or Goodwill. They are having me come in for training on Wednesday at 12 pm. I am excited to come and learn what to do there. I also got a phone call from YMCA. I applied to be a front desk secretary and last Friday, I had an interview with a lady named Breezy. I thought that name was really cool. The interview went really well and I need to get a drug test this week and come in for training on Monday of next week.
Yesterday was Mother's Day and my Dad's birthday. He turned 30...again! But we invited all the Skouson's over for dinner last night and had a blast! We ate, played games and spent time chatting! It was brilliant. Jeffrey talked to me again last night about doing this SLS thing and he really wants to get me started on it. The problem is the cash. I am lacking in that department. David said to me last night, "It's like the Osmonds, the Second Generation." How cool would that be...to be known as the second generation! I hope everything works out with this.
To everyone who was concerned about me transfering to UNLV, you no longer need to worry. I am heading back to BYU-I in the fall and am looking forward to great roommates and some fun memories. I have about 3 years (6 semesters) left of school, and I figure I am only going to be in college once, I might as well enjoy my time away from school and living on my own in an environment that will be most different from anything else I will ever experience. It is such a blessing to go to a church school and to spend time with people who have the same life goals as you!
I know this is a long blog, but it has been quite a while since I wrote last. I will try to write more frequently.
Until next time...sironara!! or however you spell it!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sometimes I pretend that I have no cares in the world. But I do. Sometimes I pretend I don't miss my family when they are gone. But I do...
No comments:
Post a Comment