Saturday, March 17, 2012

I don't know what it is about this year.

But...I have had the hardest time blogging. I guess it is because I have been going through some "growing pains" if you will. I have been stretched to the limits lately and have really wanted to just take a whole bunch of me time. I think it also has to do with the fact that I am finally winding down my college career. At least for my undergraduate. After a million years of going to school, I guess it has to happen. It is kinda becoming the joke that I will be and eternal student!

I guess I should update. I got into the education program which means I start the final set of education courses in the fall. I am planning on having my senior recital at the end of July. And then January brings a whole new adventure we like to call student teaching. By May of 2013, I will have a diploma....and will be a true graduate! Then I will go on a trip for at least three days and enjoy my freedom. By the time I graduate, I will have been in college for almost 7 years. That is dedication. Most people like to get their degrees in 4 years, but I just thought, why get it in 4...there is so much more to learn. So I stayed an extra 3 years. I just want to be the best teacher possible and want to be able to gain the most information available!

Riss and Cam and Baby Boy are going to be moving to Lexington VA in the fall. We have thrown around the idea of me moving out to that area for a year or two after I am graduated. Just to get away and have a fresh start! Who knows. Spain is always at the back of my mind too. I really love spanish and want to be able to solidify it...by living in a spanish speaking country.

I have a really cool opportunity on my birthday. I get to go to treatment team for my work. It is where the therapists and the lead staff gather together to discuss the important things in each of the girls treatments. It  will be cool to see what they are thinking and why they choose to do the things they are choosing to do. I really love my job...for the most part. Somedays I just don't want to work. But I am pretty sure that comes with every job. I really feel like I can make a difference in some of these girls lives. They are great girls and I have learned so much by working here at Sunrise. I learned that I really do love helping people and I think education is the best way for me to do so. This job has planted me even further in my conviction that good caring teachers really will help students change the world.

Oh and on the subject of my birthday...I turn 24 on tuesday! I guess I am getting old. I really want to do something cool for my birthday. I saw on pinterest this woman who did 30 acts of kindness for her 30th birthday...maybe I will do something like that. We will see! I will hopefully keep this blog semi updated for at least the next couple of weeks. I have some fun plans coming up. Won't spoil the surprise!

Mikayla

3 comments:

Codi said...

You want to immerse yourself in a Spanish speaking culture??? Move to Houston! You have way cool cousins who live there with an extra bedroom.... :)

Codi said...

You want to immerse yourself in a Spanish speaking culture??? Move to Houston!!!

You have way cool cousins who live there -- and they have a extra bedroom... :)

beth said...

I have a rad Idea... we should meet up in Vegas at the Airport on our way to Spain! It would be sooo fun. We could hit France and I have a cousin in England... I love England... think about it, because I am super serious.

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...