Friday, July 9, 2010

Hello All!

Well, I am pretty sure that I just write this stuff for myself because I am pretty sure that no one else reads it!
Yeah
So here is the update.

Had a HIDA scan with CCK on Wednesday. Basically they stuck me under an ultrasound machine and injected Radioactive fluid into my body to see where the absorbtion was. Then they added the CCK which is a chemical that is released into my body when I eat fatty/greasy food.

Went to the Dr. yesterday. Funny man. Glad he is my doctor. He made a joke at me. As he is pushing around on my stomach he says, "You know, they have this new thing in the store." I said, "Really, what is it?" "It's called sunscreen." I got burned last Saturday doing Yard work. Last time I ever do yard work. And I was thinking that this was actually looking pretty good, but obviously not, because everyone at the Dr. Office made a comment about it. You would thing that after 22 years of this skin color I would learn, but OBVIOUSLY not.  I digress.

He told me that my Gallbladder is working at a 9% and normal is 35% and above. So we are scheduled for another test called an EGD. I think. It is where they go down into my stomach and collect bile after they put me under. Maybe another surgery is in the works. HUMM! We will see. This test is scheduled for the 30th of July 2010. Then I have a follow up appointment with Dr. Reese, my surgeon/primary care physician on the 6th of August 2010.

Getting a little nervous because my insurance runs out on the 28th of August 2010. Hopefully if I need surgery, it will be before my insurance runs out. I am glad that they found something. This give me hope.

I am praying to have patience. I am praying to know that this will all be okay. Bum deal. I just try to stay positive and keep going to the temple and being involved. I get to teach the 4 year olds this Sunday. Yeah for Primary. I LOVE IT!!!

Anyways, I am off to start my day.
The Fullwoods got here yesterday.
I got to sleep in this morning.
I should regulate my sleep a little better.
Gonna work on that!

Love you all
Mikayla
"Hermana Skouson"

4 comments:

Karin said...

I'm hoping these next tests tell you what you need to know and then they can fix you right up. See you soon

Cindy said...

Mikayla, please know that I always look forward to reading your blog. I try to just get on my computer, read what I can and get to bed before the BIG NIGHT MONSTER gets me...If I dont get to sleep before 10pm then my alarm wakes me up and I am dead asleep OR I get the 2AM or 4AM 'funnies' and can't sleep and worry about everything/anything. I am really looking forward to seeing you, but please know that you are constantly on our minds and in our prayers. Love and see you soon, Aunt Cindy

Robyn said...

Thanks for the update. Glad they're finding things! And, for heaven's sake, WHY is your stomach red???????? :o)

kaymck89 said...

Hello Mikayla,
You don't know me, but I wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blogs for several months now. Both this one and your mission blog.
Another thing you should know about me is that I am a Christian. And ever since I started reading your blogs I've been praying for you to find the true Jesus and find peace in Him. I've prayed for your whole family actually, that when Christ reveals Himself to you, that through you, your family would see Him too.
I know He hears my prayers, and I'll never give up.
Kayla
P. S. Because of my name, I get called Mikayla all the time. :)

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...