Many of you may thing this post will soley be in regards to a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt that happens around this time of year, but for the college students and graduating Seniors who are looking for a summer/permanent job, you know exactly which hunt I am refering to! The Dreaded JOB HUNT! Thus far, semi productive! But still frusterating! I now have a seasonal/part-time/full-time (figure that one out) job at Bath & Body Works! I am going to be the resident smelly person. But luckily I won't be smelling like a wet dog or a little kid that stepped in a present that that wet dog left behind! Even though those two are really fun smells...Anyways! I just had my first day of training so now I know all the secrets about Bath & Body Works! Super fun! But the hunt continues for another job. I have applied for the YMCA as a secretary or camp counselor or something along those lines! I am pretty much hoping and praying to get that job because if I do...then I will not have to buy a gym membership, I would just be able to work out there for free and I happen to be a resident free thing lover! Yes I know, I am a cheap college student. Even though I happen to be living at home at this point in my life. Who knows! I will just have to keep playing this fun Hide and Seek game until I win!
Oh, Cool Thing happened yesterday! My cousin David Hogg was in town and we went over to my uncle Jeffreys house to watch a couple of voice lessons. After he was done, I started asking him some questions about my future and this profession of 'High School Choir Teacher' or eventually moving on and doing something more. We got to talking about teaching SLS, which is the method designed by Seth Riggs. It allows you to sing in your mix range and gives women a bottom and middle range instead of sticking totally in your head voice and being breathy and airy! For men, it allow you to do the same and produce great sound! Seth Riggs, the creator, has taught people such as Nicole Kidman, Olivia Newton-John, Kevin Kline, Carol Burnette, and many others! This is such a great opportunity. It really hasn't gotten very big in the states yet, but in other countries such as Japan and China, this is HUGE! The time to get into is now because sooner than later they will be putting a cap on how many people can be apart of this great opportunity! I think it is awesome!! I get to go to a conference on Friday and Saturday that will explain more! What a great opportunity! Yes, finally some questions answered!
What to do with all the adventures that come our way as we cross the path of life? Well, we might as well enjoy them!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Names I go by
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
-
Every few years, I go through and read the early posts from this blog. I can't believe how funny I am. Some things I learned from ...
-
Sister Aunt Cousin Daughter Dog Mom Quilter Creator Employee Boss Cook Gardener Student ...
1 comment:
Very cool! I too have been thinking about "getting certified." It sounds like it is a pretty big investment though. Let me know how the conference goes, I am very curious about the information you will learn. Have fun!
Post a Comment