Sunday, January 22, 2017

Saturday Times and Seasons


I don't know why, but I always impress myself when I accomplish a task. I could be the simple act of making my bed every day, or doing a week long fitness challenge! I love having something to look forward to, and this past week I felt back in control of my life. I hit the gym every day this week and put in some serious steps. I just figured out how snap and Instagram stories work, so I literally watch 45 mins of stories as I was at the gym yesterday. Super thankful to #planetfitness for their $10 a month gym membership. You get free wifi and everything you need to get in a good workout! Lately, I have just been doing walking on a treadmill with an incline...and for now, that is good! I will work in some weights starting next week!




Being on Weight Watchers has given me the excuse to eat what I want, when I want it. I made this delicious pizza last night and ate half of it...because I was allowed to! Isn't that marvelous! That means I have another half in the fridge...just waiting for me:)



Last night I also attended a Religious Freedom Conference. This was hosted by Dallin H. Oaks from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There were attendees from all over the valley coming from different religious backgrounds. There is a new tool that we can use to defend our religious freedoms. It is religiousfreedom.lds.org. 

I love what Elder Christofferson says about "Respectfully standing up for your Beliefs." He said, " How do we find the balance between standing up for our beliefs and respecting the rights of others to believe differently." He answered the question by saying, "Seek to understand them, be civil as we talk to them, and yet be courageous enough to defend our views." What he said next is so important to me! He said, " To do so, we must seek the spirit in all we do. As you go about, be kind and patient. Seek strength in the scriptures and in your covenants to be like the Savior." This is our call to action. There is no need to be violent. 

Magaret D. Nadauld says the following:
Women of God can never be like women of the world. 
The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. 
There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined.
 We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. 
We have enough greed; we need more goodness. 
We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. 
We have enough popularity; we need more purity.
(The Joy of Womanhood October 2000)

I think this is completely important and completely relevant. As I was sitting in the religious freedom conference, I got the impression, "I need to rise up, as a woman of God. I need to step up into my role as a woman of faith. Share what I believe in a feminine and kind manner." 

I love the gospel. It is central to my life. I am grateful for caring and wise leaders that spend time on things that matter most to me. 

No comments:

Names I go by

Sister   Aunt Cousin Daughter   Dog Mom   Quilter   Creator   Employee   Boss Cook   Gardener   Student   ...